General discussion

Locked

Error I 2009

By jsarinana ·
Last Friday morning and this Monday morning:
When I get into work in the morning I always check on my backups:
Running HP Tapeware XE s.w. on a HP Surestore DAT24. The NT 4.0 SP6a server seems to have a service hung up. When I check Task mrg. it shows %100 CPU usage and the task Tapeware Running. When I check my event viewer I get: Error ID : 2009
The server could not expand a table because the table reached the max. I tried killing the tapeware service in services but it gives me an error that it is in use, then it shows as not running. I know if I re-boot I will be back to normal. Any one know what this Error I 2009 is ?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Error I 2009

by XpertDragon In reply to Error ID: 2009

Many a Tape Backup software running on Win NT Server is known for having bugs in it from time to time, and taking more than its share of system resources. Have you searched the HP website for an FAQ or Troubleshooting section for the known problem? You can also check why Error 2009 is popping up in Even Viewer by visiting support.microsoft.com. Just enter the Error ID in a keyword search, and it should return some useful info.

Paul M. Chavez

Collapse -

Error I 2009

by jsarinana In reply to Error ID: 2009
Collapse -

Error I 2009

by carbonite In reply to Error ID: 2009

This happens when the internal tables NT is using to keep track of services becomes full. The error has many different meanings depending on what service generates it. For a detail layout on the issue use KB Q165815. That should help fix it for you.

Collapse -

Error I 2009

by jsarinana In reply to Error ID: 2009
Collapse -

Error I 2009

by Ann777 In reply to Error ID: 2009

Link to search event id's that gives specific MSKB artiles that relate to that error:

http://www.eventid.net/search.asp

The server could not expand a table because the table reached the maximum size.

Comments: Apparently, a client opened too many files or had too many active directory searches on the server. The client should either close some files or limit the number of simultaneous directory searches on the server. This behavior can also occur if a third-party program has leaked memory and/or resources.

More info Q165815

Collapse -

Error I 2009

by jsarinana In reply to Error ID: 2009
Collapse -

Error I 2009

by maxwell edison In reply to Error ID: 2009

Event Id: 2009, Source: Srv, ..table reached maximum size.

Double click the error to locate the error code in the 11th DWORD at 0x28.

0000: 00040000 00540001 00000000 c00007d9
0010: 00000000 c000009a 00000000 00000000
0020: 00000000 00000000000003e9 <- Error code

3e9 Too many open files. Type net file > toomany.txt and examine the toomany.txt file.

3ea Too many unsatisfied SMB searches. Edit the registry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

Edit or Add Value of type REG_DWORD for value names:
MaxGlobalOpenSearch - default: 4096, max: 65536, recommend: 16384
MaxKeepSearch - default: 1800, recommend: 900
MinKeepSearch - default: 480, recommend: 240
Set PagedPoolSize at tip 279 to 0.

3eb Too many user sessions (mapped drives or redirector hung). Use Server Manager or if you're in a hurry, see tip 159

3ec No more free Tree Ids (TIDs) to satisfy a TreeConnect SMB. The onlysolution is to offload highly accessed data.

Source:

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBA/tip0200/rh0281.htm

Maxwell

Collapse -

Error I 2009

by jsarinana In reply to Error ID: 2009
Collapse -

Error I 2009

by jsarinana In reply to Error ID: 2009

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Discussions

Related Forums