General discussion

error message in win2000

By nornameneed ·
I have got this error message, and can find a solution to it...I have checked Microsoft Knowledge Base but none have the same error as mine..I also google it but there were none match to my error message...it seems that my error message is the unique one...the message is as below:

STOP : 0X0000001E (0XC0000005,0X80500820,0X00000000,0X00000001) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
***Address 80500820 base at 80400000,Date Stamp 3d366b8b-ntoskrnl.exe

I'm using M571 motherboard with cyrix 6x86 Pr 233
64 Mbyte of SDRAM.I had checked the RAM and update the BIOS but it did not work.I'm going to try to repair the windows by reinstallation..what more can I do????

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by tamj123 In reply to error message in win2000

are you trying to fresh installwindows 2000? if yes, you may want to upgade the hardware MEMORY AND CPU.

Collapse -

by nornameneed In reply to

well it close enough ...anyway I had found out that the cache had fail.after I disable the cache in BIOS I can clean install windows 98 but windows 2000 just drop dead after finished copying the setup file..I dont have a new processor and windows 98 just manage crawling on my system with 200 mhz and 128 Mbytes without cache..now I know why the cache is important... thank you

Collapse -

by Pocono In reply to error message in win2000

I believe you are going to have to install the OS fresh...format your hard drive and install again..I hope you have backups....Whenever the ntoskernel is involved it's never a good thing...

Collapse -

by nornameneed In reply to

well it close enough ...anyway I had found out that the cache had fail.after I disable the cache in BIOS I can clean install windows 98 but windows 2000 just drop dead after finished copying the setup file..I dont have a new processor and windows 98 just manage crawling on my system with 200 mhz and 128 Mbytes without cache..now I know why the cache is important... thank you

Collapse -

by nornameneed In reply to error message in win2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)