General discussion
February 5, 2003 at 09:49 PM
rainnie1

Error messages 1202 and 1000 on DC

by rainnie1 . Updated 23 years, 7 months ago

I’m running W2K Service Pack 3.

I configured group policy with the secure domain controller template.

A recent change to group policy to decrease the amount of retries to save the registry , I got this error message in the system log:

Event Type: Error
Event ID: 1000
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
Windows cannot access the registry information at \\cougarhelicopters.com\sysvol\cougarhelicopters.com\Policies\{\Machine\registry.pol with (1351).

Event Type: ErrorEvent Source: SceCli
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
User: N/A
Computer: COUGAR1
Description:
Security policy cannot be propagated. Cannot access the template. Error code = 3.
\\cougarhelicopters.com\sysvol\cougarhelicopters.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\Machine\Microsoft\Windows NT\SecEdit\GptTmpl.inf.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: COUGAR1
Description:
The Group Policy client-side extension Security was passed flags (17) and returned a failure status code of (3).

6 minutes later i got a message saying the the group policy had been applied successfully, but I still was running into problems with Access Denied problems.

After creating a script to set sysvol upon startup and refreshing the machine policy , I get the following warning and error every 5 minutes:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: SceCli
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1202
User: N/A
Computer: COUGAR1
Security policies are propagated with warning. 0xd : The data is invalid.
Please look for more details in TroubleShooting section in Security Help.

Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: COUGAR1
The Group Policy client-side extension Security was passed flags (17) and returned a failure status code of (13).

This discussion is locked

All Comments