General discussion

Error MSFTPSVC ID 100

By cattana ·
Hi, I am gettingthe following error in my "Event Viewer:
Source: MSFTPSVC
Category: None
Type: Warning
Even I 100
Description: "The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'ADMINISTRATOR' due to the following error: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. The data is the error code."

Someone knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks
cattana

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Error MSFTPSVC ID 100

by Alpha-Male In reply to Error MSFTPSVC ID 100

Per EventI

This can be caused if you have removed anonymous logon from IIS 5.x running on Windows 2000 Server and have not granted the "Log on locally" right to the username above. Fix - create a Security Group in Active Directory called, i.e. "FTP Users", add specific users to this group whom you want to grant FTP access. Follow directions in Q285806 to grant "Log on locally" right to this Active Directory Group. NOTE: If the FTP server is a Member Server or DC of Active Directory, followthe directions in Q285806. If this server is NOT a Member/DC of Active Directory, follow the same procedures but run "Local Security Settings" instead of "Domain Controller Security Policy".

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q285806

(delete any spaces in the URL)

Good luck...hope this helps.

Collapse -

Error MSFTPSVC ID 100

by cattana In reply to Error MSFTPSVC ID 100

Thanks a lot, but even if I rechecked anonymous logon the warning appears again in Event Viewer.

Collapse -

Error MSFTPSVC ID 100

Soryy for all, I forgot to tell you thath this problem happens to a Windows NT 4.0 Server backup domain controller with Option Pack 4.

Collapse -

Error MSFTPSVC ID 100

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)