Question

Error Number:0x80040707 PaVSCR.enable script blocking

By skvnk2 ·
I am trying to install my Panda Internet Security 2007 software onto my Vista machine. I am receiving an error message during the installation when it reaches the "Installing services...".

The error message is exactly as follows below:

Error Number:0x80040707 Description. DLL Function Call Crashed: PaVSCR.enable script blocking. Setup will now terminate.

I have researched many forums, including TechRepublic's thread on resolving this issue, and found no instructions that will fix this issue. I notice that this problem occurs with other software installations (e.g. Macromedia, Adobe, etc.).

I have tried all the solutions provided by InstallShields support team to no avail. I have tried going through my services to disable any service that may be "unnecessary". I have contacted Panda's technical support and they've been great help as to troubleshooting this; however, there is no fix for it. Could someone please diagnose this problem and figure it out to help me install my security protection?

Note: The link below is to the screenshot which I have taken of this error message (Warning: This picture is NOT Dial-up friendly):

http://216.240.153.30/tech/0x800.BMP

Thanks to all who participate!

Best Regards,

Christian Anderson

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

No Success

by skvnk2 In reply to Follow this link

Thank you for the post; unfortunately, we've already tried that and had no luck with it. I'm going to keep looking but once again, thank you for your effort!

Collapse -

Still..?

by skvnk2 In reply to Follow this link

I have still not found a resolution to this issue. Could someone please help?

Collapse -

Anything yet?

by skvnk2 In reply to Still..?

Anybody found anything that might be helpful yet?

Collapse -

A link to

by Jacky Howe In reply to Anything yet?

http://tinyurl.com/2sob3z

I have never used this sofware. I just had a look at their site and their support and could not find a reference to Vista. So at the moment I am not even sure if Vista supports it.

Collapse -

SAME WITH PANDA 2008

by swh1 In reply to A link to

Same issue found with ugrading to 2008, download states for vista amd xp. No problem with xp upgrade vista is giving me fits. sent to tech support but no feedback as of yet

Collapse -

You could try

by Jacky Howe In reply to Error Number:0x80040707 ...

downloading the file again. I found a reference to P07NT.exe (for Windows XP/2000/Vista 32 bits). Is that the file you are using?

Collapse -

P08

by skvnk2 In reply to You could try

I have tried both 2007 and 2008 (P07nt.exe & P08.exe) and both of them have the same problem. The funny thing is that if I run their Panda Antivirus (lite version), it works fine. I have even tried installing it without the firewall but same problem. It appears that when it is installing the "services" this occurs.

Collapse -

Its

by Jacky Howe In reply to P08

funny how Companies are flogging Vista compatiable Software that obviously does not work. I just had a client who signed up 3 months ago for wireless access. These modems are supposedly Vista compatiable but they were not. They have just released an update so that they will work. You may have to wait for them to update.
The only other thing I can think of at the moment is trying this and then try to install it.
1. Go to Start, All programs, Accessories, then right click command prompt and click Run as Administrator.
2. Once the command prompt opens type this command and press enter.
net user administrator /active:yes
3. This command will enable the hidden Administrator account in Windows Vista. Log off your account and log on as the Administrator. After you log on, see if you can install.

Collapse -

Will give it a try

by skvnk2 In reply to Its

I will go ahead and try that solution because it sounds like a possible fix. I will let you know what happens and get back to you. Thank you very much everybody for all your help; I highly appreciate it!

Back to Software Forum
13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next