Question

Error while installation of Symantec Backup Exec 2010

By memon212 ·
Hello all,

I am getting an error while installing Symantec Backup Exec 2010 trail version, the errors says:- "The backup exec database version you are trying to use does not match the version of this install. Schema changes have been performed on this database which do not match the executables currently being installed. Install will not be able to continue at this time. Please visit the Symantec support web site for more information".

I would be very much thankful, for your help

Thanks a ton in advance

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

What are you installing this onto?

by OH Smeg In reply to Error while installation ...

I seem to remember that this is a Server App and needs to be installed onto a Windows Server. I think you need the

Backup Exec System Recovery Desktop Edition

as the backup Utility not the Backup 2010 program.

Col

Collapse -

Symantec

by memon212 In reply to What are you installing t ...

Hello,

I m using Windows Server 2003 SP2, and domain controller and dns server..... and also fulfill minimum requirement as per symantec says.....

Collapse -

Well then I suggest

by OH Smeg In reply to Symantec

Posting on the Symantec Forums as they have more first hand experience with this product as per the directions where you downloaded the Trial Version from.

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 is now available for a free 60-day evaluation!

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 delivers reliable backup and recovery designed for your growing business. Easily protect more data while you reduce storage and management costs through integrated deduplication and archiving technology. Reduce business downtime, ensure critical information on virtual or physical systems is always protected and restored in seconds.

PLEASE NOTE:
You are downloading a fully-functioning version of Backup Exec 2010 R2 that includes all available Backup Exec Agents and Options.

Resources

Please note that Symantec Technical Support is NOT available with this trial software. You can refer to the Backup Exec Forum for peer-to-peer discussion forums to find additional resources and technical content on Backup Exec 2010 R2; we also encourage you to visit our Symantec Technology Network online community. In addition, Administrator's Guide, Quick Installation Guide and other useful documentation is available on the Symantec Support Site.

Col

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)