Question

Errors when installing Exchange 2007 SP1

By mdayao ·
We just installed Exchange 2007 for a client who was previously using iMail hosting services and have encountered some problems when attempting to install SP1:

Summary: 4 item(s). 1 succeeded, 3 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:18

Organization Prerequisites
Completed
Elapsed Time: 00:00:06

Hub Transport Role Prerequisites
Failed
Error:
Setup cannot continue with the upgrade because the 'exsetupui' (Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Setup) process (I 4924) has open files. Close the process and restart Setup.
Error:
Setup cannot continue with the upgrade because the 'powershell' (Machine: ADMINEXC1 | Scope: MIDPAC.local) process (I 1632) has open files. Close the process and restart Setup.
Error:
Setup cannot continue with the upgrade because the 'setup' () process (I 5160) has open files. Close the process and restart Setup.
Warning:
Setup cannot detect an SMTP or Send connector with an address space of '*'. Mail flow to the Internet may not work properly.

Elapsed Time: 00:00:03

Client Access Role Prerequisites
Failed
Error:
Setup cannot continue with the upgrade because the 'exsetupui' (Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Setup) process (I 4924) has open files. Close the process and restart Setup.
Error:
Setup cannot continue with the upgrade because the 'powershell' (Machine: ADMINEXC1 | Scope: MIDPAC.local) process (I 1632) has open files. Close the process and restart Setup.
Error:
Setup cannot continue with the upgrade because the 'setup' () process (I 5160) has open files. Close the process and restart Setup.

Mailbox Role Prerequisites
Failed
Error:
Error:
Error:
Summary: 4 item(s). 1 succeeded, 3 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:17

I've closed the processes but to no avail. I've also restarted the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo nui loa (Thanks in advance from Honolulu, Hawaii)!
Mark

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)