General discussion

Event ID 1202

By James Schroer ·
We have created a new OU with a new GPO for our servers. When we move a W2k3 server into the new OU we get an Event ID of 1202 with description of "Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x4b8 : An extended error has occurred." All the "fixes" I've seen are for W2k and don't work on W2k3. I turned on the logging as stated in MS KB 324383. I then opened up the winlogon.log and saw these two errors

----Configure Registry Keys...
Error 1314: A required privilege is not held by the client.
Error querying security of machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion.

Configuration of Registry Keys was completed with one or more errors.

----Configure File Security...
Error 1314: A required privilege is not held by the client.
Error querying security of c:\documents and settings\default user\start menu\programs.

I've tried to manualy changed these and even deleted the folder and recreated it and still get this. Any ideas on how to fix this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Event ID 1202

Make sure that the local administrator account has the domain admins group in it.

Also make sure that the local admin account has rights over the registry. Ditto on domain admins.

Collapse -

by James Schroer In reply to

we ended up creating a new OU appling the same GPO and it worked then we moved it back and it continued to work. Not sure what the issue was.

Collapse -

by ctrservices In reply to Event ID 1202

What is the "source" of your Event ID 1202?

Collapse -

we ended up creating a new OU appling the same GPO and it worked then we moved it back and it continued to work. Not sure what the issue was.

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to Event ID 1202

did u use regedt32 to check the permissions on the registry?

Collapse -

Yes checked that. we ended up creating a new OU appling the same GPO and it worked then we moved it back and it continued to work. Not sure what the issue was.

Collapse -

by James Schroer In reply to Event ID 1202

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)