General discussion

EventID 1008 OpenProc:FileReplicaConn

By cdietz ·
I have been noticing the following error on 1 of my web servers for about 2 weeks now. It occurs randomly every 3-7 hours. Needless to say it does not seem to affect anything but the boss wants me make it stop. MSKB had no information on this particular error. Any ideas or questions I can answer to help you help me with this?

Event I 1008
Source: Perlib
cat: none

The Open Procedure for service "FileReplicaConn" in DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\NTFRSPRF.dll" failed. Performance data forthis service will not be available. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by a.jongsma In reply to EventID 1008 OpenProc:Fil ...

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 226494

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q226494
---------------------------
Summery:

Windows NT reports events to the Application Event Log when there are errors, or to give more information regarding performance monitor extensions and custom counters added to performance monitor. This article describes how to control the error checking and reporting by registry settings and list the possible event information. This is useful fortesting and validating a performance monitor extension. This is also helpful to diagnose problems with performance monitor extensions that are installed as part of a vendor's server application or device driver.
Event IDs and Descriptions:

Event I 1008
Detail Text: The Open Procedure for service (service name) in DLL (DLL name) failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is DWORD 0.

Interpretation: If the Open function for an extension does not return ERROR_SUCCESS, perflib posts the status code in the data field of the event. This may be used to help the author of the extension determine why the Open function failed.

Expertise: Developer of named extensible counter DLL

Collapse -

by cdietz In reply to EventID 1008 OpenProc:Fil ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by Joseph Moore In reply to EventID 1008 OpenProc:Fil ...

Try the procedure listed in Technet article 300956:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];300956
(please remove any spaces)

hope this helps

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)