IT Employment

General discussion

Eventid 1030 & 1058 in Application Log

By alexr ·
I got these errors on my new 2003 Domain Controller. It happens during reboot only and takes about 10 min to restart machine. I looked trough different forums, tried all recommendations but still can not get rid of it. Anybody knows solution to this problem?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Source?

by brandon.aiken In reply to Eventid 1030 & 1058 in Ap ...

What is the source of the error? Judging by the numbers, I'm assuming it's Userenv, right?

Eventid.net has a number of solutions to this problem, although you have to sign up (cheap) to get quick links to the fixes:
http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1030&eventno=1542&source=Userenv&phase=1

Collapse -

Allready tried

by alexr In reply to Source?

Yep, Userenv. I already saw this link and tried these stuff yesterday. Nothing. Most people says it happens all the time. In my case during reboot only. And Group Policy works fine. I have changed the domain default GP to allow Win95 users to log on. Looks like something with sequence of the boot process. Today I gonna disable default GP and see what will happen.

Collapse -

Yep, figured

by brandon.aiken In reply to Allready tried

I've never seen the issue surface on a domain controller, but it's not an uncommon problem. We fixed our workstations and member servers with a disjoin/rejoin, but that obviously doesn't work on a DC. We had one workstation (mine, actually, running WinXP SP2) that was logging them on reboots only that was fixed by disjoin/rejoin. I also tried everything I could find on Eventid.net and experts-exchange.com.

Collapse -

something that could help

by alexr In reply to Eventid 1030 & 1058 in Ap ...

I figured out that if you put in hosts file of DC record :

zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz DOMAIN

You can get rid of these errors and speed up boot process.
But you get another error
I probably can live with this.