General discussion

EventID 31002 ipnathlp ?

By cdietz ·
I think the E ID 31002 has something to do with my DNS server not being able to Manage workstations, and my workstations not being able to see my domain. The workstations can authenticate (login) and see all shares, but can not see the dns domain name (something.com).

Also, the server can not manage any of the workstations, and the AD MMC can can's see the workstations, "The network path was not found." You can view all the drives of each PC in network neighborhood though.

Of course MS has no online info for eventID 31002 which i think is the root of the problem. 31002 = DNS proxy agent was unable to bind to IP address 192.168.0.1. Error may indicate a TCP/IP problem."

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

EventID 31002 ipnathlp ?

by Alpha-Male In reply to EventID 31002 ipnathlp ?

Are you using NAT or ICS? Take a look at these pages...they may offer some insight:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q271994

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q250603

Make sure to delete any spaces in the URLs.

Collapse -

EventID 31002 ipnathlp ?

by cdietz In reply to EventID 31002 ipnathlp ?

This did not correct the problem, but thank you for trying.

Collapse -

EventID 31002 ipnathlp ?

by LEGJ1 In reply to EventID 31002 ipnathlp ?

From www.eventid.net...

We have not been able to confirm it yet, but apparently, this error shows up when ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is running on the DNS/DHCP server. These services are conflicting with ICS (see the link below). ICS and NAT have a DNS proxy service and it conflicts with running DNS on the same machine. You should disable the DNS proxy by clearing a checkbox about providing DNS in the properties of the NAT / ICS config.

Link to MS>>
Q250603

Collapse -

EventID 31002 ipnathlp ?

This did not correct the problem, but thank you for trying.

Collapse -

EventID 31002 ipnathlp ?

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)