General discussion

exam 70-290

By jhayesit ·
Hello i am getting ready to take the exam 70-290 from microsoft and i was wondering if anybody knows of a good place where i can download free sample questions. also if anybody has taken it, how is it? any hints and tips welcome.

thanks,

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by w2ktechman In reply to exam 70-290

See about Testking.com They usually have good test questions.

Collapse -

by reference In reply to exam 70-290

testking or real-exams.com are OK
Be carefull though, sometimes their answers are wrong, only trust the ones that have full explanations, and even then be carefull! The other problem is that since 70-290 is still pretty new, your only going to get examples for one of the tests. Microsoft usually has 2-3 tests for every exam, and if you don't get the right one, you had better know the material!
As far as whats tested on 290, look at microsoft's site for a broad description on what you should know, or do a google search. I took the test and passed about a month ago, this is what I remember from my studying, and from the test
45 questions, 95 minutes to take, 700 to pass
most questions are about 2003 server, XP, and 2k workstations in single domain environment
lots of disk managment questions
know IIS
know domain roles
know domain functional levels
know SUS
know backup utility and ASR
know command line tools, like dsadd, dsmod, dsmove, diakpart.exe, csvde, and ldifde
know roaming profile stuff
know IPSec basics
know your group types (universal, local, global)
know remote assistance
know auditing
Volume shadow copy stuff
and permissions

It sounds like allot, but it's really not a difficult test, nothing like 293 or 294!
Get a good book or two (ExamCram, or Sybex) and get some hands-on experience and you'll do fine!
Hope it helps!

Collapse -

by jhayesit In reply to exam 70-290

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)