General discussion

Excel 2000

By nordiae ·
I have a database setup in Excel 2000 which consists of email addresses. On many occassions, email addresses that I type in a spreadsheet are correct to the naked eyes but once clicked on reads a totally different address. Also, if working with email addresses it seems that somehow the mouse or cursor automatically (invisibly) copies email addresses to other blank or even filled fields. Example, if you put the cursor over a field it reads an email address. I am a user and no technical rep is able to figure what the problem is

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Excel 2000

by DKlippert In reply to Excel 2000

When you find a bad address, select the cell and the click on the Hyperlink Icon on the Toolbar (The World with a Link). This will tell you what the hyperlink is and the displayed text

Collapse -

Excel 2000

by nordiae In reply to Excel 2000

I did this before. The "text to display" is correct but the "Email Address" is different. Just want to know why and how to correct this.

Collapse -

Excel 2000

by DKlippert In reply to Excel 2000

How different? Has AutoComplete duplicated a previous address?

Collapse -

Excel 2000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Excel 2000

by Leo-Sun In reply to Excel 2000

It may help if you put a single quote ' in front of the e-mail address. My understanding is that the single quote ' will make the address a regular text field to Excel.

Collapse -

Excel 2000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Excel 2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)