General discussion

Excel 2000 Error

By klh456 ·
I have a user who has an Excel error. She uses an Access Database to pull data from Oracle and then copy the data into an Excel spreadsheet. Everything works fine except each time it copies into Excel, Excel generates and error message:

The instruction at "0x30060870" referenced memory at "0x1194ff08". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

Everything works as it should, but this message pops up continuosly and she has to keep clicking OK. Anyone know how to get rid of this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Event Log

by BFilmFan In reply to Excel 2000 Error

What is the error code being reported in the Application Event Log?

Collapse -

No Event Log Entry

by klh456 In reply to Event Log

Strange thing is there is no entry in the Event Log. I went to look for it but nothing...

Collapse -

Using VBA?

by Marshwiggle In reply to Excel 2000 Error

I think we need more information as to how your user is operating. Is she using a VBA macro to export the data to Excel? If so, she could trap for the error no. and handle it with Resume Next.

For example:

On Error GoTo Oops
Exit Sub

Oops:
If Err.Number = 3027 Then
Resume Next
End If
End Sub

Collapse -

Problem Solved

by klh456 In reply to Using VBA?

Sorry, I should have posted before this. I actually found the solution to this problem. It was an Add-In that was causing the problem. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to uninstall them one by one to determine exactly which one was causing the problem. If I have time I would like to do that at some point.

Collapse -

Please give details. I have a similar error

by Snap In reply to Excel 2000 Error

I have a similar regular fault message coming up.
It appears most often when I try to print a xx.PDF file, or when I exit from a M$Office application. The latter is most annoying, as my latest changes will not be saved.
There is a long list of entries in the report that the application supposedly sends to M$, but I have found no way to capture it locally.

Regards,
Ole

Collapse -

Only Excel

by klh456 In reply to Please give details. I ha ...

My error message only happened in Excel and only when she used the Access report to generate the spreadsheets. As I said it was resolved when I took out all of the Add-Ins from Excel. Since your error is happening with PDF files and other Office applications I doubt that this is applicable in your situation.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Back to Hardware Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)