Question

Excel 2003 Data in Cell not Displaying

By bluejeanstech ·
I have a user who is trying to enter data into an Excel 2003 spreadsheet created by a co-worker who is out of town and can't be reached. When the user enters data into a cell, he sees the data displayed in the Formula bar, but the cell remains blank; the data never shows up in the cell. You can click on the "blank" cell and see the data in the Formula bar, though. As a work-around, he copies data from another cell into that cell first, and can then edits the data. Does anyone know why this is happening? I have tried googling this but haven't found anything helpful yet. TIA...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Figured it out!

by bluejeanstech In reply to Excel 2003 Data in Cell n ...

The font had accidentally been changed to "white" in the formatting toolbar and so it didn't show up in the cell, whose fill color was also white. I changed the font color back to black and the text reappeared. Clue: Cells in this spreadsheet had been highlighted with various Fill Colors to signify different levels of importance; the user had accidentally clicked on the Font Color button instead of the Fill Color button right next to it when they were trying to return a cell's Fill Color to white and voila! Invisible text!

Collapse -

Excel date not displaying

by tessatwizzle In reply to Excel 2003 Data in Cell n ...

I have this same problem (Excel 2002) but the font is already black (on white) so not hidden this way. Any more suggestions would be welcome.
Thank you

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)