Question

Excel 2007 -

By vivsdotdk ·
Hi everybody - your are my last hope!
In recent versions of Excel you could use ctrl + or - (minus) to add or remove rows and columns.
It doesn't work in v2007.
Is it really true that you need to use ALT + varous menu letters to do the trick.
Thank you in advance to the hero that helps me out.
Vivi Mathiesen

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

This appears to be a known bug...

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Excel 2007 -

... especially if you're not using the English version of Office 2007 but use it on Windows Vista.

http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/showpost.aspx?postid=2977643&siteid=17&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=0

In that forum thread, the workaround seems to be to set Excel to run in WinXP compatibility mode.

<edited to add>

You might try CTRL+SHIFT+Plus (+) which displays the Insert dialog box to insert blank cells and you will have a choice to select insert whole row. I don't have Excel 2007 to test it with, but I found that shortcut listed on one of the MS tutorial sites. This key combination does not work in my version (2003).

Collapse -

THANK YOU!

by vivsdotdk In reply to This appears to be a know ...

Thank you for taking your time to find that thread. I had already spent hours and hours on the net (incl. MS Site) with no luck.
As I'm new in this forum I don't know if or how to give you credit (points) for this, but you definately deserve a lot!
Brgds
Vivs

Collapse -

Since you're new....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to THANK YOU!

... look underneath where it says the person's nickname. There is a link that says "Mark as helpful" next to "View Profile" and "Add to Contacts". At least, that's what I think it says. I can't remember myself because it only appears for the person who started the question.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)