General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Exchange 2000

by big trent ·

I am the administrator of an MS exchange 2000 server and was wondering if there was a log of all transactions on the server showing who sent mail and to where and who recieved mail and from where, and if there is a log how to view it, I have opened the transactional log files but they just show characters, I used wordpad.

thanks

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: Exchange 2000

by dklippert ·

In reply to Exchange 2000

by big trent ·

I need to now if there is a way to see the transactions that have already happened, this is for an investigation, and these links tell me how to do it if I had Tracking enabled, which I didn’t (I will now).

Thanks

by a.grogan ·

Use the message tracking centre in the Exchange system manager

by techtonik ·

There are logging features included in Ex2k, but be careful as turning these on is quite resource intensive. You can enable them by using the Exchange Manager and going to properties on the name of the mail server and enabling diagnostic logging on the service that you want to monitor. It gives you several options for how much detail you want to log (Minimum, Medium, Maximum), so you might want to play with this until you find the right amount of data for what you are looking for. Hope this helps!

by big trent ·

I need to know if there is a way to see what came and went before I turned on message tracking.

by big trent ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 5 reply threads