General discussion

Exchange 2000 Crash (despirate!!!!)

By David__ ·
I am very despirate.
I have a small office with two 2000 AD domain controllers. One of which is an exchange 2000 server, that the hardware is dieing. It will run for about 15 or so minutes then crash. I have another server that I have installed 2000 server, promoted to AD and installed Exchange 2000 on. It also has 2000 sp4 and exchange sp3. I have reconfiugre outlook 2000 and xp to use the new server as the exchange server. It either sayes it is not available, or when you click check name the field that you type the server name automatically changes back to the old server name.
How do I create email boxes on the new server, since there is already email boxes for the older server setup in AD users and comptuers.
I hope all this make sense, since my brain is well fried by now.

TIA
David

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sharon In reply to Exchange 2000 Crash (desp ...

The server name keeps changing back because the users mailboxes are still on the old server. You can retrieve the email by getting your old exchange server back up, and then, in Active Directory, you can right-click on the users, and go to Exchange tasks, and choose Move mailbox. Since you said that your old server keeps crashing every 15 minutes, you may have to restore email from tape.

Collapse -

by David__ In reply to

That worked great.
Maybe you can answer the next question I am about to ask.

Thanks so much.

Collapse -

by David__ In reply to Exchange 2000 Crash (desp ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)