General discussion

Exchange 2000 install error message

By dschwer ·
When I install exchange on one of my domain controllers I get a message that says "Setup failed while installing sub-component Admninsitrative Group with Error code 0X80072030. After checking set up log I see that there are many messages at the end of the log with this message Error code 0X80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks

Dale

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by maxwell edison In reply to Exchange 2000 install err ...

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q287172

XADM: Exchange 2000 Setup Does Not Work with 0x80072030 Error Code

Cause:
This issue can occur if the Active Directory Connector is uninstalled by using the uninstall option with the RTM version of Exchange 2000. The Exchange 2000 RTM uninstall option for the Active Directory Connector removes the Active Directory Connections container from the Active Directory. The Remove All option in Exchange 2000 SP1 may not have this issue.

Microsoft recommends that if you need to uninstall an Active Directory Connector, do so by using the Exchange 2000 Service Pack one (SP1) setup.exe found in the i386\adc directory to avoid this issue. However, if you have already removed the Active Directory Connector by using Exchange 2000 RTM follow the steps in the "Resolution".

See link for resolution:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q287172

REMOVE SPACES from the pasted URL

Collapse -

by dschwer In reply to Exchange 2000 install err ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

I followed microsoft advise but I see the ADC container there which means it hasnt been deleted. And if I try to create a new one it tells me there is one already there. Should I delete it and then try Microsofts advise

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)