General discussion

Exchange 2000 problems

By jmcmul ·
I just installed a fresh version of Exchange 2000 on a new W2K server for in house use. We were using a NT4SP6a machine with Exchange 5.5. I joined up the Exchange 2000 server with the existing 5.5 site and moved all of the mailboxes over to the 2000 server. Everything was going great, or so I thought. When my clients logged back into their Outlook 2000, it switched them automatically to the new server, just like it was supposed to. However, internal mail does not work, period. It just routes straight to the badmail folder. External sending and receiving are working just fine, it is just the internal that is messed up. I have went through all the attributes and all appear to be set properly. Does anyone have any idea where to go next? By the way, there is never any error on the client, it just sends like it should, but it goes straight to the badmail folder. All of the NDR's are also routed to the badmail folder.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Exchange 2000 problems

by poo_music In reply to Exchange 2000 problems

Just a quick question, do you do any filtering or set the permission to the smtp?
Are all the user set to the correct smtp address?

What is could happen will be DNS problem as well. I will suggest you troubleshoot from performing testing from one to another.

Do post message for the result? Hope someone else or either me can follow up?

Do have a try
Cheers!

Collapse -

Exchange 2000 problems

by jmcmul In reply to Exchange 2000 problems

Nope, no filtering of the SMTP ports at all. The DNS server is running fine. What i ended up doing, was killing the system, and starting from scratch. Lost a little data, but now is up and running for over month now. Thanks for the suggestions however.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)