General discussion

Exchange 2000 question

By Tim Marshall - Houston ·
Can Exchange 2000 block emails sent to users of an email domain that they do not have mailbox setup in? I have a client that uses several different email domain names. If a user does not have an address configured in one of those domains they want to block any emails sent to that user. Apparently GroupWise has this capability. Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Exchange 2000 question

by TPrinzo In reply to Exchange 2000 question

Let me see if I understand company has domain1.com and domain2.com, user only has user@domain1.com, is that it? So any email comming in for user@doamin2.com should be blocked....I don't know about blocking it, but it should cause a NDR to be sent.If the user is recieving the email with the other domain you should check the user properties email address tab. For each doamin name that is active Exchange automatically creates an email address for each user, if this is the case just delet the unwanted address from the user properties and then email to that address will bounce a NDR to the sender.

Collapse -

Exchange 2000 question

by Tim Marshall - Houston In reply to Exchange 2000 question

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Exchange 2000 question

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Exchange 2000 question

by MaximK In reply to Exchange 2000 question

You need to configure multiple recipient policies. Make sure that the recipient policy applies on all objects that need an email address with this domain (by using a filter) and possibly add additional addresses manually.
The if I understand your question, when a particular user falls outside the scope of a recipient policy, the email will be blocked because the recipient policy will not apply to his/her user object.

Collapse -

Exchange 2000 question

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Exchange 2000 question

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)