General discussion

Exchange 2000 server relaying

By bam86_be ·
for two days my exchange server is used as relay for spam by other people.
All the parameters showed by microsoft to stop relaying are corectly set for more than a year but relay is occuring ...
I've set the SP3 on win2K and SP2 on Exchange for two weeks. Is it a problem with those ?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Todd Kimbrell In reply to Exchange 2000 server rela ...

Same situation here too, but lets make sure the following has been done.

Open the Exchange System Manager and navigate to Administrative Groups | your administrative group | Servers | your server | Protocols | SMTP | Default SMTP Virtual Server. Now, right click on the default SMTP virtual server and select the Properties command from the resulting context menu. When you do, you?ll see the Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties sheet. Next, select the Access tab and click the Relay button. You?ll now see the Relay Restrictions dialog box.

The Relay Restrictions dialog box gives you a choice of blocking relay traffic from everyone except for the domains or IP addresses listed on the exceptions list or only for the domains that are listed on the exceptions list. Which ever option that you choose, click the Add button to display the Computer dialog box. This dialog box allows you to enter an IP address or DNS name for a single computer, or an entire subnet address or domain name, which would apply to an entire group of computers.

Now, then we installed the same service packs as you did, so to answer your question Yes I believe it is a problem with the SPs I did the same damn thing on a SBS 2000 server and we are still working the bugs out. As soon as I get a solution to this little problem, you will be the second to know.

Let me know how you are doing when you get this.

best regards

Todd Kimbrell

Collapse -

by bam86_be In reply to Exchange 2000 server rela ...

I just checkoff and then check on again a couple of time aplying each action and all came back correct. Sure a problem with the SP. Now all is correct.

Collapse -

by bam86_be In reply to Exchange 2000 server rela ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)