General discussion

Exchange 2000 vs competition

By boitsfort ·
What would be the options for a company running MS Exchange 5.5 when thinking of upgrade? MS-Exchange 2000 is not really an upgraded version of MS-Exchange 5.5, it is a completely new product requiring Active Directory. AD deployment being a very expensive project, the question may rise: Should I go to Exchange 2000 which seems the obvious option) or any other competitve messaging application? Who are the players? Lotus Domino, Novell GroupWise, etc?
How does MS Exchange 2000 compare to the competition?
If you have done such a move (from MS-Exchange 5.5 to competitive solution), your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Dominos\Notes

by James Schroer In reply to Exchange 2000 vs competit ...

I used to work for a company that used Lotus Dominos\notes. I didn't get much of a chance to work on the server end but I did do all the work on the client end. Now I'm at a place that uses Exechange 2000 and I work on both ends. From what I've seen you have a lot more control with Dominos and Notes. Exchange 2000 is nice but I really hate the outlook end. And you don't have nearly the control as you do with Dominos.

Collapse -

It would be prudent to move to Ex2000

by ravid In reply to Exchange 2000 vs competit ...

Main reasons:
1. Easier management
2. Familiar environment
3. Eventually you will have to move to W2K/AD
4. AD setup just for Ex2000 is not as expensive or difficult

If you can let me know more about your environment, maybe we can help you with it.

Ravi

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)