General discussion

Exchange 2003 Is Confused

By artcabot2 ·
A couple of strange things are happening...

A user is getting an Over Limit message but she is NOT over limit. The message even notes that she's using 58mb and her limit is 100mb, but it still generates the over limit message.

Also, two users who have been removed from all distribution lists still generate bounce messages when a message is addressed to the list that includes everyone.

I've stopped and restarted the message store and have confirmed that the two users generating bounces are not members of ANY group.

What else can I try?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Exchange 2003 Is Confused

Do the user objects still exist in AD?

And they member of any mail-enabled security groups as well as distribution groups?

Check the recipient and system policies being applied to that user. Is it possible that they have lower limits on mail size?

Collapse -

by artcabot2 In reply to

Yes, the user objects are still in AD since they are recent terminations and haven't been deleted yet.

Our Groups are Security Groups, we're not using Distribution Groups.

In Exchange Manager the only Recipient Policy is the Default. I don't see any other policies that would be doing this. I'm also wondering if the same problem that causes the two "bounces" is also the problem that has the over limit user stuck.

Collapse -

by TechKid In reply to Exchange 2003 Is Confused

More than likely the terminated users still exist in personal distribution goups or contacts and outlook is set to enumerate addresses first by users contacts then the Gal.

Also, Outlook caches addresses. Visit the users who are still sending and bouncing mail to the terminated users and delete *.n2k files

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)