General discussion

Exchange 2003 OMA

By Frank ·
Having Problems with a Windows 2003 server running Exchange 2003. Only server in the domain.

Exchange is running fine along with OWA. But when trying to access OMA ( weather its from a PC browser or Mobile browser ) I'm getting an error after inputting username and password.

The error on the browser is...

A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator

I goto the event log and I'm getting this error under Application Logs

Event ID 1507 MSExchangeOMA

An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Exception of type Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderException was thrown.

Stack trace:
at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Session_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.CompleteAcquireState()
at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
at System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Inner Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Inner Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

I did alot of reseach on this already and the only thing I'm finding on it is one Q article. Its Q817379. I dont think this particular Q is going to solve my problem though. Like I said, I only have one server in this domain which is running Windows 2003 Server and Exchange 2003. There are no clients connecting to it internally.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Joseph Moore In reply to Exchange 2003 OMA

Did you see the newsgroup thread, where someone posted this other Technet article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822177

It also talks about SSL and forms-based authentication being enabled on the /Exchange virtual directory causing the problem, like in the Technet article you mention.
The newsgroup thread I found stated that the admin had only a single Exchange server (not a front and back end servers, so he is like you), and he had both SSL and forms-based authentication turned on.
And, even though the Technet article stated how the problem does not happen when you have a single server, for him it did.
So, maybe it can affect the single server setup, like you have?
But other then that (and a thread on a German discussion site that did not have any solutions -- thank you, Google, for your translation tools!) I couldn't find anything useful.

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)