Question

Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 "No free/busy information could be retrieved"

By mike.pierce ·
We have a new installation of Exchange 2003 running on Windows Server 2003. All our clients run Outlook 2003 sp3. When making a new appt. or meeting request, none of the users are able to view other user's free/busy information. When you click on the hash marked line for the user you want to schedule the meeting with, it says "No information. No free/busy information could be retreived". I thought this was enabled by default in Exchange? The public free/busy folder instance has 'default' selected in the permissions, with editor selected. What am I missing here? Any help is appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Public folder

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Exchange 2003/Outlook 200 ...

FRee Busy information is stored in a system folder within Public Folders called FRee Busy. Open properties of the FRee Busy folder and see if a Exchange server is in the list of replicas. Check permissions as well.
In Outlook, by default 3 months of free/busy is stored on the server. I tend to change it to 12 months.

Collapse -

Checked settings....

by mike.pierce In reply to Public folder

Everything appears to be set correctly. It only seems to be certain users that can't view other's scheduling info, so it's not system wide.

Collapse -

Clean free Busy

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Checked settings....

Ask users to run Outlook from command line:
cd \Program files\Microsoft Office\Office12
Outlook.exe /CleanFreeBusy

and see if that helps.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)