General discussion

exchange 2003 OWA logon page

By jhayesit ·
hi i just installed exchange 2003, and i want to enable the owa logon page that comes with exchange 2003. does any body know how ot do this?

i am not sure but does it require a front end server in order to enable the owa logon page?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Monice In reply to exchange 2003 OWA logon p ...

A front-end server is not required to use forms based authentication. You must enable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) on the server before you enable forms based authentication. See KB Article 830827 for steps to setup forms based authentication.

Collapse -

by jhayesit In reply to

i already enabled form based authentication, but my problem is that i can't get to the OWALOGON page. I tried creatinga virtual site and pointed it to owalogon.asp but it doesn't login. is there a default page for this? do you know the steps?

ps- dtrivison: i know i can get email through server/exchange/username but this doesn't give me the owalogon page.

Collapse -

by dtrivison In reply to exchange 2003 OWA logon p ...

OWA is enabled by default in Exchange 2003. Get your DNS entries in and log on to

Collapse -

by victor In reply to exchange 2003 OWA logon p ...

Why do you need the page? You want the welcome screen or something? LOL! Just have whoever wants to check his email to login using the url for the OWA. The client will receive a logon box where they need to authenticate. Once the client logs on they should be see their email interface. I was asking myself the same question, because I was used to exchange 5.5 OWA where they had that big yellow and black interface to log on. Personally i thought it was a waste of time putting your email name there, then login on again. This is the way i have it setup for my org. Don't spoil your clients with fancy log on screens.

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)