Exchange 2007 licensing

By zepelin16 ·
We will install an infrastructure for exchange with 2 (HUB + CAS) servers and 2 servers for CCR.How many Exchange licenses we have to buy?. Standard or Enterprise?


This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I have two words for you...

...Client Access Licences (CALs). Here's a nice little summation from one of our erstwhile members...

***Remember to mark a question as answered. Bring the glory of Tech Q&A back.***

Collapse -

Exchange licensing

by Churdoo In reply to Exchange 2007 licensing

Sounds like you'll need to purchase 4x instances of Exchange Server, but don't forget about the Client Access Licenses (CAL).

You'll need a CAL for each mailbox in your exchange organization, so if you'll have 500 mailboxes in your organization you'll need 500 CAL's in addition to the above server instance purchases.

Standard vs Enterprise is a different question altogether, but simply, if you need more than 5x Storage Groups on a mailbox server and/or if you'll be clustering, you'll need the Enterprise edition, otherwise Standard edition should be fine.

Related Discussions

Related Forums