Question

Exchange 2007 mailbox permissions

By GMPont ·
I have an AD group that I grant full access to Exchange 2007 mailboxes which works fine. It is intended to allow admins access to user mailboxes. The problem arises when I remove someone from the group or remove the group from a mailbox. If a user in the group is removed, or if the group is removed from their mailbox, they lose access. They will still be listed as having full access permissions, but don't. I have tried removing and re-adding them, but the only thing that works is re-adding the security group (or adding them back into the group). Going through the shell or the UI both lists the user as still having full access permissions. Also, this problem does not affect anyone that is not in the security group. Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

well first off why would you grant a group access

by Screen Gems In reply to Exchange 2007 mailbox per ...

to individual mailboxes? Domain admins have full access anyways and individual users can grant access to their box by delegates,

so what's the point?

Collapse -

The point is...

by GMPont In reply to well first off why would ...

The users that are in that group are not domain admins and it is not an elective policy, so access can't be based on a user's discretion to add a delegate or grant permission. The users that are part of the group should have access to employee boxes, but not each other or certain key staff members, hence not going with something global.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)