Question

• Creator
    Topic

Exchange 2007 Migration

by jwilliams ·

We are in the process of upgrading our current Exchange server which is 2003 to 2007. I have set up the 2 new servers already with there roles of which they will have. The 1st server is set with Client Access server role, Hub Transport server role, Unified Messaging server role, and Mailbox server role and the 2nd server is set as the Edge Transport role. I am now in the process of adding my 2nd server to our DMZ which it will then sit on the perimeter of my network as suggested. After I do that and make sure its on the outside just fine with internet, I will need assistance in setting it up to where it talks to my primary new Exchange server as well as any further additional steps I need to perform next like mailbox migration, etc. Any support is much appreciated, thank you!

I also need some assistance with the Edge Transport Service. I just got done renaming the server itself and need to export and import a new subscription file with the new server name for the HTR. When I go into the Exchange Management Console on the Edge server, i still see it listed as the old server name. Could I have some assistance changing that and also getting a new file down as well and reimported?

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by jwilliams ·

In reply to Exchange 2007 Migration

Clarifications

Server rename

by p.j.hutchison ·

In reply to Exchange 2007 Migration

For the Edge server, you should have uninstalled Exchange, renamed the server and reinstalled Exchange so the configuration in AD is correct.

Otherwise you could change the configuration using ADSIEDIT.msc tool to modify AD directly but I am not sure if this the correct way to do it.

Viewing 1 reply thread