Question

Exchange 2007 replacing .csv attachment with ATT00001‎ (no extension)

By brandon.dusterhoft ·
We have a site that we just installed Exchange 2007 on. Right now, we have only moved 4 mailboxes over there because we want to test for any problems they might have, and lo and behold they have one that has me confused.

We send out a daily .csv file from another site (their email addresses are stored as contacts on our Exch 2003 site) and when it hits the users with Exch 2007, it puts all the CSV data in the body of the message (a jumbled mess) and it puts an attachment called ATT00001‎ with no extension. When I open the attachment with notepad, it's just an HTML file of what the body of the message should be ("here is your daily CSV, etc.").

They are running in mixed mode with most of the users on Exchange 2000 and only 4 that are on Exchange 2007. When I track the message, it looks like it delivers just fine.

This happens whether clients are using Outlook 2003, 2007, or OWA. I don't think it's a client thing. For some reason it seems Exchange 2007 is switching the attachment data to plop it in the body and attaching the body as an html file...

Why is it doing this? Is there something we need to set up on E2K7?

Thanks,
Brandon

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I hope this will show you, or point you in the right direction.

Import Your Address Book into Exchange

Follow the instructions below to import the address book data file into Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, or Entourage.
Outlook 2007

1. Open Outlook Express. Cancel out of all windows that prompt you to setup or import accounts.
2. From the File menu, select Import and then Other Address Book.
3. In the Address Book Import Tool window, click LDIF-LDAP Data Interchange Format. Click Import.
4. Browse to locate the file you saved in the Export instructions above. Highlight file and click Open.
5. Close Outlook Express.
6. Open Outlook 2007.
7. Click on the Contacts icon.
8. Under the File menu, select Import and Export?
9. In the Import and Export Wizard window, select Import Internet Mail and Addresses. Click Next.
10. On the Outlook Import Tool window, select Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or Windows Mail option.
11. Uncheck Import Mail. Click Next.
12. On the Import Address window, click Finish after selecting the appropriate option for how to handle duplicates.
13. Click OK on the Import Summary window. You should now see the imported information in your Contacts list.

Outlook 2003

1. Open Outlook Express (on a Windows XP computer) or Windows Mail (on a Vista computer). Cancel out of all windows that prompt you to setup or import accounts.
2. From the File menu, select Import and then Other Address Book.
3. In the Address Book Import Tool window, click LDIF-LDAP Data Interchange Format. Click Import.
4. Browse to locate the file you saved in the Export instructions above. Highlight file and click Open.
5. Close Outlook Express or Windows Mail.
6. Open Outlook 2003.
7. Click on the Contacts button.
8. Under the File menu, select Import and Export?
9. From the Import and Export Wizard window, select Import Internet Mail and Addresses. Click Next.
10. In the Outlook Import Tool window, select Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x or Windows Mail option.
11. Uncheck Import Mail and Import Rules. Click Next.
12. On the Import Address window, select the appropriate option for how to handle duplicates, then click Finish.
13. Click OK on the Import Summary window. You should now see the imported information in your Contacts list.
http://www.itc.virginia.edu/exchange/move/import-address.html

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

Collapse -

Same problem here.

by edwin.vdbelt In reply to Exchange 2007 replacing . ...

instead of .csv I'm sending embedded .jpg
(cid:image1.jpg). At the end is recieved:
'att00001.txt'

Collapse -

Turn off Rich Text emails

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Same problem here.

If you send them in HTML or Plain Text, this problem won't happen.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241538

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290809

Collapse -

More info

by edwin.vdbelt In reply to Turn off Rich Text emails

the problem exists when we create an outlook mail through activex, HTML-body. Inside the HTML is an embedded image (cid:image01.gif). When send normally, it's all ok. But when sending from a outlook client in Citrix, embedded/hidden attachments are replaced by att00001's. In the body the next code is miraculous found cid:image01.gif@(some hexdec value). anyone?

Collapse -

CSV attacment imbedded in the message

by Brain-z_ In reply to Exchange 2007 replacing . ...

I have a similar issue my exchange engineer is baffled.
randomly the CSV attachment is either dropped or becomes imbedded in the message body

these are all generated by a remote server so its not user error
the server exchange server randomly it seems to get confused and thinks the CSV attachment is part of the message.

usually the message itself is a blank message completely empty untill this corruption occurs and the CSV attachment ends up inside the message. Its not always the same file for the all users. we have a distribution group that sends to a list of users one is an external gmail account and they NEVER have the issue even though the message is sent out to them from our server. seems to happen after the distribution sends out to the internal users.

we tried using OWA etc but it still looks the same once the corruption happens the attachment is gone and the users have to go to the gmail account to get the mail with the CSV attachment or cut the text out of the message field if its there which some times its not.

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)