Question

Exchange 2010 EMC Initialization Failed

By msillers ·
I am having a problem with Exchange 2010 that is affecting my ability to back up or manage the server.

When I open the Exchange Management Console, I get the message Initialization failed. The text below is:

"The following error occured when retrieving user information for DOMAIN/administrator:
Starting a command on remote server failed with the following error message: The WinRM client cannot process the request. It cannot determine the content type of the HTTP response from the destination computer. The content type is ansent or invalid."

I've searched the web and tried too many suggestions to mention here, all to no avail.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

It's fixed!!!

by msillers In reply to Exchange 2010 EMC Initial ...

I just resolved this on our server by renaming (as opposed to deleting) the web.config file in c:\intepub\wwwroot directory then issuing the iisreset command in a cmd prompt.

After a week of trouble, I can now fix the original problems that brought this to light.

Answer came from here...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2472818/500-19-error-in-iis7-when-an-error-occurs

Collapse -

Thanks

by pthorsey In reply to Exchange 2010 EMC Initial ...

Hey, this works, after five hours of digging this made it possible to get back in to remove the mailboxes and remove exchange. Now reinstalling exchange, hopefully go better this time. Thanks for the find.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)