General discussion

Exchange 5.5 to 2000

By Joe Barton ·
I am planning on upgrading from 5.5 to 2000 with the following method, will this work?

5.5 is currently on my NT4 PDC, I have a BDC in place. I will upgrade PDC to Windows 2000. Promote my BDC to PDC. Then do an in place upgrade of 5.5 to 2000. Do I need to convert everything to active directory fo this to work? Can I just keep my NT 4 domain? What problems might arise?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Exchange 5.5 to 2000

by acattr In reply to Exchange 5.5 to 2000

you need to do a little more research on how exchange 2000 works before implementing this. anyways, procedures listed below.

upgrade PDC to windows 2000, after upgrade, it will automatically run DCPROMO to automatically setup Active Directory for you. After AD is setup, you must run the Active Directory connector that comes on the exchange 2000 cd to make sure the AD and the Exchange Directory are synchronizing. Then run domainprep, then forestprep utilities, both on the exchange 2000 cd. Then you can upgrade to Exchange 2000.

Please Please Please, get more info before doing the upgrade. Exchange 2000 should not be taken lightly. Use link below for more info on inplace upgrades.

http://tinyurl.com/45up

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)