General discussion
January 28, 2003 at 09:45 PM
wroming

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000

by wroming . Updated 23 years, 6 months ago

Ok , here is the deal. I have one server that has Windows NT 4.0 sp6 with exchange 5.5 sp3 on it. I have another server with Windows 2000 on it and I am wanting to put Exchange 2000 on that box and migrate the public and private information store over to the new box. Now here is the thing I know about exmergedata but, I am not wanting to use it. I did some checking and there is a way of putting exchange 5.5 into Active Directory and then just moving the mailboxes over to the new machine with Exchange 2000. That away it is seemless. But, I do not know how to do this. Please advise on this matter, also you can email me at wroming@ci.killeen.tx.us for futher questions and/or answers. Thank you.

This discussion is locked

All Comments