Question

Exchange Server 2003

By kiranchinnu ·
Hi folks ,
is there anyway we can create only mailbox without creating user ????

thanks in Advance

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You can have

by Dumphrey In reply to Exchange Server 2003

mail enabled public folders and mail enabled distribution groups, or add a second address to an existing user.
It all depends on how you want mail to be accessed. A mail box needs an object to be tied to.

Collapse -

Little more help

by kiranchinnu In reply to You can have

thanks for answer , Can pls limelight the point which u told that "mail enabled public folders " , how can i create it ??
I want to add this mail box for specific users and they dont want the emails coming to there inbox hence i need a mailbox which can be added to there mail boxes.

Collapse -

Public Folders

by p.j.hutchison In reply to Little more help

Open Exchange System manager. Expand Administrative Groups, First Administrative Group, Folders, Public Folders. Right click and select New Folder and create a folder. Then use All Tasks, Mail Enable to set a email address.

Collapse -

Add to this

by Dumphrey In reply to Public Folders

you can set permissions on the folder so only the desired users can access the folder to read/view the mail.

Collapse -

Another option is to create a

by Dumphrey In reply to Little more help

user, give them a mail box, and in the exchange tab, give the original user full permissions to this mail box.

http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid43_gci1119803,00.html
covers adding the new user as a separate set of folders in the original users Outlook folder list, not in their existing inbox, so all mail will be obviously separate.

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)