General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Exchange Server 2003

by blkbull69 ·

This is the mssg I get when trying to add users to exchange server 2003. I am using XP workstations and Windows Server 2003.
    “The name could not be resolved, the connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action”. I am using Outlook 2003.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: Exchange Server 2003

by ariston ·

In reply to Exchange Server 2003

When you say “add users to Exchange Server 2003” it sounds like you mean adding users in Active Directory and creating Exchange mailboxes; however, the error message you posted appears to be from Outlook 2003.

Is the user already setup in Active Directory and has an Exchange mailbox? If yes, then verify that you can see the 2k3 Server on the network, and can access its shared folders. Finally, make sure that the server and username are typed correctly in the Outlook 2003 account setup. If necessary, remove the account and add it back.

Hope that helps!

Ariston Collander
      ariston@coxcomputer.com

Reply To: Exchange Server 2003

by byamashita ·

In reply to Exchange Server 2003

check to see if the software firewall on the advanced properties of the network connection is enabled, this will prevent RPC calls to and from the server saying the server is unavailable

Viewing 1 reply thread