HELP!!!!
I have a single Exchange server with 2.5G RAM.
Exchange 2000 SP3
Windows 2000 Server SP4
I am getting a 9582 *warning* message:
The Virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange services to correct this issue.
Desktop users complain of slowness in Outlook. Rebooting the server fixes the issue for a week or two.
I have gone to EventID.net and followed along with all the Qxxxxx articles. I have:
1. Installed the last Post-SP3 patch (Store.exe shows version 6.0.6603.0)
2. I have added the HeapDecommit reg entry detailed in Q315407
3. I have set up counters in Performance Monitor as per Q325044, but I don’t know what they mean…here are the results:
MSExchangeIS
VMLargestBlockSize 21876736.000
VMTotalFreeBlocks 333.000
VMTotalLargeFreeBlocks 21876736.000
Process Store
Virtual Bytes 1774796800
Removing RAM is an unacceptable answer. This server is also the primary DC. W2K is capable of 4G RAM, so please keep the discussion limited to useful suggestions.