General discussion

Exchange2000 remove a domain mail acct

By Tony! ·
I had 2 domains assigned to my Exchange 2000 server (example: dom.ch and dom.com). Both were routed throgh my service provider's DNS server. I received mail ok for both domains. Later, I stopped hosting dom.com and the service provider removed it from their DNS server. I elimated all traces of the dom.com mail boxes and users from my exchange server, but I cannot send mail to the dom.com domain which is now being hosted by another provider. (Outgoing mail is being trapped within my dom.ch domain and stays on my exchange server. Ping of mail.dom.com correctly returns the IP address of the dom.com mail server which is hosted elsewhere. What else needs to be removed on my echange server to stop trapping the outgoing mail to acconts on dom.com? Thanks Y'all

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by curlergirl In reply to Exchange2000 remove a dom ...

Do you have DNS installed on your Win2K domain? If so, you need to be sure to remove any remaining traces of entries there for the dom.com domain as well. Hope this helps!

Collapse -

by Tony! In reply to Exchange2000 remove a dom ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by rbeckerdite In reply to Exchange2000 remove a dom ...

What mx record is Dom.Com showing when you do an nslookup from the dom.ch server? I would check your dns servers in the smtp service on exchange (they can be different than the rest of the server).

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)