General discussion

Explorer.exe Application Error 0x02c3312b

By siddhartharathi ·
Hi Guys,

I have Windows XP SP 2 on my laptop. Few days back I got some spyware and trojon on my laptop which were removed. They were Troj_Fantibag.b and one other. But I have noticed after they attacked my computer my explore was always using around 30 to 35% CPU. Then I installed SP2 and from that day as and when I start my laptop i get this error message:

Explorer.Exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x02c3312b" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The Memory could not be "Written".

Click on OK to terminate the program.

After this when I click on OK button. The explorer terminates and starts again.

Can someone suggest what to do to correct this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Siddhartha

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Facing a similar situation

by callharry30 In reply to Explorer.exe Application ...

Hi,

I too recieve such a similar message.

The Instruction at "0x0290415b" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory couldn't be written.

If any one be able to help us, I'd rectify it easily..

Collapse -

Explorer.exe error

by mbryan718 In reply to Explorer.exe Application ...

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? This problem is plaguing my server pretty bad. Users are driving me crazy complaining about this error. Same problem too; "Explorer.exe - Application Error" The instruction at 0x0173xxxx etc ... When I click OK, Explorer restarts and then the error pops up again. For about a week now I've had my users just move the error out of the way and continue to work.. but it's annoying them and they're all over me about it!

If you've found a solution to this, I'd appreciate it so much if you'd share your solution with me. Thank you so much.....

Michael

Collapse -

Got it down to just one pop up

by jlogan In reply to Explorer.exe error

Using HiJackThis, and Malwarebytes, and going into safe mode, yadda, yadda. I found if you close it with the "X" instead of the "OK" button still allows the small dialog to pop up then just "X" that one too. After that I don't see it again till reboot.
This has got to be some kind of trojan or malware but neither Symantec or Malwarebytes finds anything.
I have it nailed down to it loading right before the tray Icons load but it still evading me.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)