General discussion

Extended Memory Error 114 for WinXp

By Bill Wong ·
I'm getting a execution error code:114 "Attempt to access items beyond bounds of memory (signal 11)" when running old MSDOS/Windows9x programs on WinXP. I believe it is an extended memory problem which I'm not sure how I can change it in WinXP.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by andreyf In reply to Extended Memory Error 114 ...

This can be caused either by the physical memory on the computer being too low or by an incorrect Files setting found in the Config.nt file on your computer (Config.sys if you are running Windows 9. To correct this problem, try the following:

Increase the amount of RAM on your computer. 128 MB of RAM is the minimum amount you should have. 256 MB is preferred especially if you are running Windows XP.
Edit the Config.nt (or Config.sys) file on your computer. To locate the file, do a searchfor Config.nt (Windows 2000, XP) or Config.sys (Windows 9. Open the file with a basic text editor like Notepad or Wordpad. Look for a line that reads Files=???. The optimal setting for BusinessVision 32 is 190. Save the changes and then reboot your computer for the change to take effect.

Collapse -

by Bill Wong In reply to Extended Memory Error 114 ...
Collapse -

by Bill Wong In reply to Extended Memory Error 114 ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)