Question

External monitor acerbic aspire 5002

By Bcarlton0158 ·
I hooked an ext monitor to my acerbic laptop. Was able to see it boot up but then it goes blank. So I went in to the f2 bios and swaped it to both. Now I see nothing? The acerbic monitor appears to be bad is why I need to do this. How do I get the external to work?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Normally you

by OH Smeg In reply to External monitor acerbic ...

Would use whatever key Combination that the NB has to switch between the different Screens.

The reason why the External Monitor goes blank is that when the OS loads the Drivers for the Video Card get loaded and the Display defaults to whatever was the default Primary Monitor, generally the one that is part of the NB.

As you are no longer seeing anything at all you are gong to have to clear the BIOS so you'll need to grab the Users Manual to do this.

After you clear the BIOS as per the instructions in the manual you'll need to reset the BIOS again by adding the correct Date & Time and then set the system to run Performance Defaults. Remember to save the changes as you exit the BIOS and then when the OS gets tot he stage where the Video Drivers get loaded use what ever the key combination is to switch displays. This will also be in the Instruction manual.

if you no longer have the instruction manual you can download it from here

http://tinyurl.com/bp52kb

Col

Back to Windows Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)