General discussion

Failed Compaq Armada M300

By iwb ·
I fitted a new battery, but when I plug in for recharging, the laptop case warms up but the battery does not charge. I cannot power up the laptop to use it. Is there a fault on the motherboard which has broken the charging link to the battery?
Any suggestions welcome.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Failed Compaq Armada M300

Could be a number of things. Did it work before you put the new battery in the laptop?

Does the laptop power up with the battery in place, but running on AC power? If not, could be the power charger.

Collapse -

by asbjorn In reply to

I have the same problem and the PC boots fine with the power cable in, but as soon as I pop it out, it turns off. The power light indicator on the front of the machine isn't on and the battery doesn't charge at all. Booting the machine with the battery in and not the power cable doesn't work.

Collapse -

by richard_barsby In reply to Failed Compaq Armada M300

This is a big problem with Compaq Armada M300 M500 M700 series check compaq forum.

Rich

Collapse -

by asbjorn In reply to

Could you please post a URL to any discussions on any Compaq forum discussing this exact issue?

Collapse -

by asbjorn In reply to

Could you please post a URL to any discussions on any Compaq forum discussing this exact issue?

Back to Hardware Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)