General discussion

Feedback on a StarWars/Windows Server 2012 - How to Guide

By edgemcghee ·
Tags: Off Topic
Greetings TechRepublic people.

I just created a Star Wars themed 'How to' for Windows Server and would love to get your feedback and thoughts.

http://prezi.com/bqwc6ytklc5k/windows-server-2012-how-to-use-fine-grained-passwords/

Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Sorry, can't get to it from work.

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Feedback on a StarWars/Wi ...

However, themed instructions don't appeal to me. Too often they sacrifice clarity for the theme elements. This may not be the case with yours, but the concept itself doesn't appeal to me.

Just one idjit's opinion.

Collapse -

Thanks.

by edgemcghee In reply to Sorry, can't get to it fr ...

Thanks for the feedback. I aimed to retain clarity, and the article it was originally based on, the content remained the same, I just wanted to experiment with the way in which it was delivered.

Hopefully you got a chance to take a look in the end.

Collapse -

Cute, but I don't see the point.

by seanferd In reply to Feedback on a StarWars/Wi ...

It is an interesting exercise in Flash programming and design, but not a particularly effective reference material. Well, perhaps it works for those who cannot pay attention to anything that doesn't have an entertainment background. Or as a classroom-type presentation - people apparently love things like Flash and Powerpoint presentations, as simply reading text or otherwise being given information is just too boring or something.

edit: Looking at some of the other presentations, it does seem that you are trying to serve presentation-orientated environments.

Collapse -

Just another form of presenting information...

by edgemcghee In reply to Cute, but I don't see the ...

Thanks for the feedback....

I was looking into a way of delivering a complex topic in a more digestible format that people could relate to. As you say suggest I think it may work from some....not all.

Back to After Hours Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)