General discussion

Find/replace functions different in 2000

By ideafixer ·
The edit find in 2000 works differently in 97 when used from a form. In 97 you can uncheck current field, and the feature will check the entire table for the value specified.

In 2000 you cannot do this from a form. When in a form, it will either check all records for a specific field or all fields on the current record.

I want to check all fields for all records on a form.

The only time I could check all the fields for a certain value is when I had the table open in 2000. With the table open I can change the "Look in" to the actual table not the field selected.

How, in a form, can I use edit find to search all fields for a certain value? I am suprised they changed this. I want the search to funtion like 97s.

Help!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to Find/replace functions di ...

In a form, click the binoculars on the toolbar. Drop the list dwon next to "Look in" and it will let you search the whole table.

Collapse -

by ideafixer In reply to Find/replace functions di ...

That is the interesting part. When clicking the binoculars, I only get the option to search the current field or the form. Basically, I can search each field of the current record or all records for one field. In an access 2000 form searching allfields for all records for a value on a form does not appear to be available. If I open the table, I can search the all fields for a certain value. It's when the search tool is used on a table hooked to a form.

Collapse -

by ideafixer In reply to Find/replace functions di ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)