General discussion

Firefox Update to 3.5.8

By rkuhn ·
Weird.

Updated to Firefox 3.5.8 and all of a sudden my homepage of www.yahoo.com has unexpectedly changed.

Anyone familiar Yahoo knows that the highlighted main stories are at the top with a picture and all other news is below without pictures.

Firefox is displaying the multiple stories at the top and the main stories with the picture at the bottom.

I have refreshed...no difference. I have closed and reopened Firefox...no change.

I open Yahoo with IE 7.0, Safari, Opera and Chrome and they all display the Yahoo homepage the same...main stories at the top with a picture and all other news below that without pictures.

Must be a bug. Can't be a rendering problem or standards compliance since Safari, Opera, Chrome and IE all display it the same way.

I clear out all temp files, history, etc...same result.

Weird.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Weirder

by NickNielsen In reply to Firefox Update to 3.5.8

I'm not having that problem. Must be a local bug. :0

Or it could be the operator...

Seriously, though, as I said, I'm not seeing it. I get the hot story and the image headliners and scrollbar, then the headlines below that, just like always

Collapse -

Not me

by santeewelding In reply to Weirder

I got me a screwed-up page since several versions back with my customized Yahoo/Firefox.

Used to be that when I clicked on a story that when I came back, I would be deposited in the place I left.

Now, I am deposited at the top of the page with no memory of where I was.

It's a conspiracy.

Collapse -

Probably wiped out a cookie

by TonytheTiger In reply to Firefox Update to 3.5.8

Have you tried "Page Options" just under and slightly to the right of the "Web Search" button?

Collapse -

CCleaner

by rkuhn In reply to Probably wiped out a cook ...

I ran CCleaner (which I do periodically anyways) and whatever it deleted that I didn't do manually fixed the problem.

Must have been some kind of cookie or temp file. I don't know.

Collapse -

CCleaner will also

by TonytheTiger In reply to CCleaner

wipe out Firefox's saved passwords by default if you don't exclude it on the applications tab.

Collapse -

Firefox 3.6

by TheChas In reply to Firefox Update to 3.5.8

Well, it might have been a bug.

I just went to the Yahoo page with Firefox 3.6 and saw what you described as the normal view with the picture stories on top and the text on the bottom.

Chas

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)