Question

Fix for Stop error 0x0000007B

By astris ·
During the reinstallation WinXP Pro I got the following blue screen error: ***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF9E48640,0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 ). Looked at other sites, but none give a good step by step help. Trying to go to Safe Mode or any of the other options just brings back the same blue screen. The biggest problem is that I have important documents on the HDD. Can one fix this without loosing data? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Stop Errors

by Triathlete1981 In reply to Fix for Stop error 0x0000 ...

These stop errors can be a lot of reasons. At what point during installation did the error occur?

These are usually hardware issues. Do you at least get the splash screen and a desktop when booting into Safe Mode? Did you replace any hardware like a motherboard that wasn't liked?

Collapse -

0x0000007b

by astris In reply to Stop Errors

The installation was just about finished - finalizing. MB and RAM are good, I did not change any hardware. I can get to the screen where you choose whether to start in Safe Mode, Last known good config , Start Windows normally. All bring up the same 0x0000007B screen. Tried booting from my WinXP cd, by setting the boot sequence, but it does not do anything..???

Collapse -

Options

by robo_dev In reply to Fix for Stop error 0x0000 ...

1) Buy a new hard drive, install XP on it....And install your old hard drive as a secondary drive, or put it in a USB-external drive case and use it as a secondary drive.

2)Find a friend with a laptop, buy a USB external drive case, plug your drive/case into your friend's laptop, backup all your data, then go back and re-install XP without fear of data loss.

3) Try to figure out the stop error, at some risk of losing your data.

Collapse -

May need drivers

by IC-IT In reply to Fix for Stop error 0x0000 ...

Check your manufacturer's site (system or motherboard) to determine the type of drive controller you have. Obtain the correct drivers and either slipstream them into an install CD (no floppy) or unpack the drivers to a floppy and watch for the F6 prompt.

Collapse -

RE: Fix for Stop error 0x0000007B

by Jacky Howe In reply to Fix for Stop error 0x0000 ...

A couple of other things to try.

Check the hard disk controller options settings in BIOS. Make sure that the settings reflect your drive.

A failing battery could cause a reset to factory defaults.

Replacement batteries are relatively inexpensive.

Collapse -

Usually software

by bdulac In reply to Fix for Stop error 0x0000 ...

If this happened during a re-install of XP then it could be a device driver or other software problem. Most blue screen messages are related to corrupt drivers or a problem in the operating system.

You should definitely backup your data to another system before continuing to troubleshoot.

Other possibilities could be related to a faulty hardware component like RAM or your motherboard.

Back to Hardware Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)