General discussion

Formatting XML Doc for Excel 2000

By talkingstone ·
I have an open question on Microsoft's developer site but have gotten no response so we'll have a go on this list but I think they haven't a clue.

What I need to learn is how do I format an XML document to have multiple worksheets in Excel?

Note that I have been through everything I could find on this topic from Microsofts website and so far, the xml code does not work for me.

Thanks in advance!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by nikki96 In reply to Formatting XML Doc for Ex ...

Excel can save as XML (and does if you choose "save as webpage"). Make a small multi-page book. Save it as a web page and choose to save the whole book. You'll get multi-page XML if you have any formatting in the document (color, font, etc).
Check out the source code to that and duplicate it, changing what you need to change.

~nikki~

Collapse -

by talkingstone In reply to Formatting XML Doc for Ex ...

Hello Nikki,

Well, you have a good suggestion but I have tried this and the result is not multiple worksheets but multiple files which I'm sure you are aware.

The exported pseudo xml(html) points to remote files. I need all the worksheets and data to remain in a single file. According to spec this is possible but I have yet to successfully implement it.

Thanks for your help!

Back to Web Development Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)