General discussion

forwarding select emails in outlook 2000

By Seadogs ·
I am trying to use Robert's auto forwarding program on slipstick http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm
to set up some autoforwarding. Has anyone used this that can give me advice?? I tried entering the address I wanted to use in the top box, then marking that check mark, and then also checked the ignore emails from this domain and plugged in my work domain. I'm not getting any positive results though. Any ideas? Perhaps I'm leaving something out? OR can anyone suggest another method? Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by timwalsh In reply to forwarding select emails ...

Not familiar with the software you are talking about, but why not use the auto-forwarding utility built into Outlook. The trick is (unfortunately) that it's not necessarily intuitive.
You have to set up a rule using the Rules Wizard (on your Toolsmenu). At first glance there is no rule that says "auto-forward" and that is correct.
You first have to tell Outlook to check incoming mail against a set of criteria. You do this by "check messages when they arrive" rule and setting the criteria for messages to be forwarded. After hitting the "Next" button, you then tell Outlook what you want done (either "forward to . . ." or "redirct to . . .") with email meeting your criteria. Next you choose any exceptions to this rule and finish by "turning on" the rule. You shouldn't need any third-party software

Collapse -

by Seadogs In reply to forwarding select emails ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by Seadogs In reply to forwarding select emails ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)