General discussion

Frank Frazetta, 1928-2010

By NickNielsen ·
http://www.thestate.com/2010/05/10/1280954/manager-fantasy-artist-frazetta.html

One of the first posters I ever bought was a Frazetta: http://www.arthistoryarchive.com/arthistory/fantasy/images/FrankFrazetta-Sun-Goddess-1970.jpg

Somewhere in a book crate, I have the John Carter of Mars paperback set with his covers.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Frank Frazetta, 1928-2010

I bet I've got a book or two around with his artwork on it.

Collapse -

Wow.

by seanferd In reply to Frank Frazetta, 1928-2010

Can't say I'd thought of Frank recently. I like a lot of his work, though. He and Bernie Wrightson made a good team, as well.

So long, Mr. Frazetta.

Collapse -

He will be missed

by Ed Woychowsky In reply to Frank Frazetta, 1928-2010

I had the opportunity to see the originals of his work several years ago, the colors and details were beyond imagination.

Collapse -

Fire and Ice

by tsuntzu.lu In reply to Frank Frazetta, 1928-2010

This is the title of my favorite animation film using his work. Thanks so much for the memorial posting!

Collapse -

Thanks for the reminder

by NickNielsen In reply to Fire and Ice

I've got that one on VHS, but not on DVD yet. I'll have to look for it.

Collapse -

Conan book covers

by wiscpopaz In reply to Frank Frazetta, 1928-2010

My high school days sneaking Conan books into study hall and staring at the covers almost trying to get inside the picture.

On this day I shall mourn.

Collapse -

One of the most influential artists of any genre

by terry.floyd In reply to Frank Frazetta, 1928-2010

I remember seeing Frazetta's paintings on comic books when I was in middle school, then joining the SF Book Club and getting the entire John Carter of Barsoom series in hardcover with Frazetta's amazing covers. His style was distinctive and original, though now so many younger artists have learned from his work that you see a lot of paintings these days in his style. Props to Boris Vallejo, who credits his painstaking efforts to mimic Frazetta's style with teaching him how to paint.

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)