General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

FTP a file using Win 2000 Professional

by vishwarnath.dwarika ·

How do I configure my Windows 2000 Professional machine machine to FTP files. Your response would be appreciated.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: FTP a file using Win 2000 Professional

by chris910 ·

In reply to FTP a file using Win 2000 Professional

This is what most of my users are using.

WS_FTP is available in two different versions, the Professional (Pro) version and the Limited Edition (LE) version.
      WS_FTP Pro is available in English, German, Spanish, French, and Korean. It has many advanced features including: multiple file transfer; Auto Resume; Thumbnail view; Active Edit; HotDrop; Transfer Manager; SSL support; scheduling; synchronize; scripting; and much more, which make it the most powerful Windows file transfer client available. The advanced features are listed below in more detail.

WS_FTP LE is the limited edition version of WS_FTP Pro, allowing only multiple file transfers and the auto re-get or resuming feature. WS_FTP LE is shareware, available for free to educational users, government employees (U.S. local, state, federal and military) or to non-business home users only. View the LE license agreement for qualification on using WS_FTP LE.

Both versions are available for free download. WS_FTP Pro is available as a fully-functional 30-day evaluation.

http://www.ftpplanet.com/download.htm

Reply To: FTP a file using Win 2000 Professional

by valis ·

In reply to FTP a file using Win 2000 Professional

even simpler than the above answer, if you have the ftp information, and the username and password, open internet explorer, and type it into the address bar like this:

ftp://username:password@server.com

then, just drag and drop your file

Viewing 1 reply thread